1. D)A deadly fish has been spotted in the Mediterranean waters
2. B)lt could pose a threat to other marine species
3. C)About half of its city center will be closed to cars
4. D)The rising air pollution in Paris
5. A)His house was burnt down in a fire
6. C)Sell the pearl he had kept for years
7. B) His monstrous pearl was extremely valuable.
8. A)lt boasts a fairly long history.
9. D)lt is a family business.
10. B) Loss the competitive edge
11. D)Conducting a financial analysis for it.
12. B)She is really impressed by the man's house
13. C)From home design magazines
14. A)The cost was affordable
15. D)She wants him to share his renovation experience with her
16. C)Removing objects from patients' noses and ears.
17. B)Five_to nine-year-olds are the most likely to
put things in their ears
18. D)They are curious about these body parts
19. A)lt gave her a used bicycle.
20. AjExpanding bike-riding lessons
21. D)lt is a charity organization.
22. A)How animals deal with lack of gravity.
23. C)They were not used to the low-gravity environment.
24. B)They already felt at home in the new environment.
25. C)They behaved as if they were on Earth.
The things people make, and the way they make them...
26. K. matters
27. G. flexible
28. M. promised
29. C. enormously
31 .F. feature
32. H. inevitably
33. A. automation
34. D. fantastic
35. N. shape
Poverty is a story about us,not them
36. [E] That comment,says Mothering Justice director Danielle Atkinson,"wasmeant to shame"
37. [H] But the fact that 4 in 10 Americans can't come up with$400 in anemergency is a commonly cited statistic for good reason： economic instabilitystrerches across race,gen?
38. [M]According to the General Social Survey, 71 percent of respondentsbelieve the country is spending too Little on "assistance to the poor."
39. [J] The Frame Works Institute^ research group that focuses on publicframing of issues,has studied what sustains stereotypes and narratives ofpoverty in the United Kingdom
40. [D] If these are the central characters of our story about poverty,whatlayers of perceptions,myths,and realities must we unearth to find meaningfulsolutions and support?
41 .[F] How many of us are poor in the U.S.?
42. [N] "Poverty has been interchangeable with people of color - specificallyblack women and” black mothers, "says Atkinson of Mothering Justice.
43. [I] Negative images remain of who is living in poverty as well as what isneeded to move out of it.
44. [E] That comment,says Mothering Justice director Danielle Atkinson,"wasmeant to shame"
45. [L] Those external factors include the difficulties accompanying low-wagework or structural discrimination based on race,gender,or ability
46. C They did not become popular until the emergence of improvedbatteries.
47. B The falling prices of ebike batteries,
48. D It will make a difference in people_ s daily lives
49. A Retailers'refusal to deal in ebikes.
50 D The younger generation’ s pursuit of comfortable riding
51 A To sway public opinion of the impact of human activities on Earth
52 C it covers more phenomena
53 D Deliberate choice of words
54 B For greater precision
55 C Human activities have serious effects on Earth
Directions： For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write on the topicChanges in the Way of Education. You should write at least 120 words but no morethan 180 words.
Changes in the way of education
As the internet is developing so rapidly, the way of education keeps changingand new forms of education emerge surprisingly. Especially during the pandemicof corona virus, online education has become one of the most important ways ofeducation throughout the world.
The changes in the way of education can be listed as follows.First of all,compared with traditional offline teaching activities, online education givesstudents the opportunity to study wherever they want, at home or in thepark.
Moreover, the cost of attending online courses is normally lower than that ofoffline ones. Besides, students can choose the perfect time when they areavailable to attend classes,instead of stubbornly fixing the time requiredwithout the possibility of doing any other important thing.
From my perspective, the changes in the way of education mainly lie in thegood respects. As one of the fortunate students who live in the age of internetand can get access to online courses, I can’ t help exclaiming: it is the bestof times.
People who live in different areas of China have different kinds of food.Those in the north mainly prefer food made of flour while those in the southmostly eat rice. Along the coastal areas, sea food and fresh water products makeup a considerable proportion of people_ s diet whereas in other places, meat anddiary products are more common. The residents in Sichuan, Hunan and otherprovinces favour spicy food, but the citizens in Jiangsu and Zhejiang are fondof sweet food. However, owing to various cooking methods, the same food mighttaste different.
When my son completes a task, I can't hlep but praise him.
26. B. constant
27. G. negative
28. K. repeatedly
29. L. rewarded
30. C disappointing
31 .H. outcome
33. D. distinguish
34. N. simply
The History of the Lunch Box
36. [F] City kids,on the other hand,went home for lunch and came back.
37. [j] The company sold 600, 000 units the first year.
38. [〇] The introduction of backpacks changed the lunch box scene a bit^headds.
39. [C] Lunch boxes have been connecting kids to cartoons and TV shows andsuper-heroes for decades.
40. [H] And then everything changed in the year of 1950.
41 .[L] The new trend was also a great example of planned obsolescence,thatis,to design a product so that it will soon become unfashionable or impossibleto use and will need replacing.
42. [D] Let's start back at the beginning of the 20th century-the beginningof the lunch box story,really.
43. [A] It was made of shiny,bright pink plastic with a Little Mermaidsticker on the front,and I carried it with me nearly every single day.
44. [M] The metal lunch box craze Lasted until the mid-1980s,when plastictook over.
45. [I] But these containers were really durable.lasting years on end.
46 A When they don_ t have the chance to do what they want
47 D Harmful conduct
48 B Many volunteers choose to hurt themselves rather than endure boredom
49 C It may promote creative thinking.
50 D Allow oneself some time to be bored.
51 .B Forests are fast shrinking in many developing countries.
52. C Those that used to have the lowest forest coverage.
53. A The government’ s advocacy
54. C Their capability of improving air quality
55. D Developed and developing countries are moving in oppositedirections
Directions： For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write on the topicChanges in the Way of Transportation.You should write at least 120 words but nomore than 180 words.
Changes in the way of transportation
As the internet is developing so rapidly, the way of transportation keepschanging surprisingly. New applications on transportation emerge abundantly,contributing to the fact that people_ s lifestyle has been changed as well.
The changes in the way of transportation can be listed as follows. First ofall, with the development of technology, the price of transportation is muchcheaper than before. Moreover, compared with traditional ways of buying tickets,transportation applications and websites give passengers the opportunity to booktickets online without going outside to particular ticket offices. Besides,highspeed railways gradually replace the oldfashioned green trains, which cantremendously improve travelers’ comfort during the journey and shorten the timespent on the way.
From my perspective, the changes in the way of transportation mainly lie inthe good respects. As one of the fortunate passengers who live in the age ofinternet and can get access to online service of transportation, I can_ t helpexclaiming: it is the best of times.
春节前夕吃团圆饭是中国人的传统。团圆饭是一年中最重要的 晩餐，也是家庭团聚的最佳时机，家人生活在不同地方的家庭尤其如此。团圆饭上的菜肴丰萬多样，其中有些菜肴有特殊含 义。例如，鱼是不可缺少的一道菜，因为汉语中的“鱼”字和“余”字听上一样。在中国的许多地方，饺子也是一道重要的 佳肴，因为饺子象征着财富和好运。
It’ s a tradition for Chinese to have the family reunion meal on the SpringFestival Eve, which is not only the most important dinner in a year but also thebest opportunity for family reunion, esp. for those families whose members livein different places. The family reunion dinner consists of a great variety ofdishes, some of which carry special meanings. For example, fish is indispensableas “fish” sounds tike “surplus” or “abundant” in Chinese. In many areas ofChina, dumpling is also an important dish for it symbolizes wealth andfortune.